Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Fullerton Collage Tapes (1972)




These "Tape Collages" from when I was living in a shack in Fullerton, California in 1972. Using an old beat up stereo reel-to-reel tape recorder, vinyl records, a turntable and even connecting to the speaker in the television set I spent hours trying different "tricks" & "experiments" to piece together these "collages". I would record at different speeds and even turn the tape around and record the other channel backwards. Some of it worked, some of it didn't. For me it was more the act of creating these then the final product.

This sonic silliness is only for the audio brave.
Check out the excerpt before downloading!

Tape I - William Fell (excerpt)
Tape II - It's like turning off the main switch (except)
Tape III (excerpt)

Download (176mb): Fullerton Collage Tapes